Hello everyone! So I just finished chapters 7-10, and thought this was so interesting!!! Huckleberry Finn is so smart! I would never have thought to make it look like I was murdered just to run away. Huck's dad is really mean I do not like him at all. I don't understand why his dad wouldn't want him to do better than him if Huck could make money for him...(?) What do you guys think?
Hi... So i think your right emily about Huck Finn being smart. I think Hucks dad is mean, but i think there could be a reason from his fathers past that has shaped him into the type of "man" he is and that we could be miss understand. I'm not sure the reason for Huck finns father to not what Huck to bring in money.
ReplyDeleteHey everyone! I was wondering if anyone found it weird that Huck's dad wanted Huck to be with him, but did not want him to help him out and/or better his own life. Like I mean, he does kidnap him and bring him to that little shack which was weird. It was right of Huck to fake his own death because it seemed like it was his way of saying "i'm gonna live my life the way I want it, with or without you." It seemed like Huck was just done with his father and knew there was no point trying to help him out and left to live on his own from what i understand.
ReplyDeleteI don't understand either! why didn't Huck's dad use him? i just don't like Huck's dad because kidnapping is bad. And he is just super mean because he chases Huck around the cabin. I am glad Huck ran away
DeleteI like all your guys ideas and thoughts. to continue with what emily was saying i agree that Huck's dad is a terrible role model for Huck and leads a bad example. The kidnapping why cant Huck have more allies on his side? i know he has his friends like jim and tom but why cant he have someone who he can really look up too? and someone who can encourage him and be proud of. but i agree it was smart that huck ran away and it really showed the brave integrity and intelligence that huck has.
DeleteMy question to you guys is, what do you think Huck would be like if he did have a Father figure in his life? My opinion would be that he wouldn't be as much as a thinker or as motivated as he is currently in the book. In the book, Huck seems to be driven to learn more and want to go to school and go exploring (i.e. the Island and the house). I feel like if he didn't have the bum of a father he has now, there wouldn't be a book called the "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn."
ReplyDeleteGreat question david, I think that depending on who the father figure is Huck Finn could possibly still have some of same qualities he has now. I think Huck would still be naive to the feelings towards the slaves because even most adults back then were. I think that Huck Finn would be a little more civilized and less reckless. I feel that book would be called "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn." because people can still have wild adventures even if they come from a up standing father figure
ReplyDelete